Monday, December 31, 2012

I'm Kathi Bear!


Hi, my name is Kathi Bear and I'm excited to meet you!  My mom says I'm the very first bear that was ever made for The IHope Foundation, which is something she started so she can help people who have the same disease as she does: Intracranial Hypertension.  That's a mouthful, I guess, so everybody just calls it "IH" for short.  My mom says that since I'm the first bear, I get to be her ambassador and that means I'll get to see all kinds of places and meet all kinds of people and help everybody learn about IH so we can find a cure.  Having such an important job makes me feel really special!

This is my mom.  Isn't she pretty?  :)

I was conceived in October 2012, when my mom was just starting serious talks with her mom (my Lola -- that means Grandma) about starting her foundation.  My Lola wanted to give my mom a special surprise because she was so proud of her.  So she called her friend, Monica from TG Bears.  Monica makes lots of bears, some of them for special people and groups.  And she makes every bear herself!  Lola showed Monica the logo that Mom designed (my mom is really creative!) and they decided to make me a white bear so the logo stands out on my chest.  When I was born (my birthday is November 2nd.... I love honey!), Monica gave me a ribbon scarf in the IH colors of blue and green and put Mom's motto on my paw so everyone will know that my mom believes "HOPE is neverending" (she really does, too).  She even surprised Lola by putting a sunflower button on my scarf because my mom loves sunflowers!  Monica is so cool!


So I got delivered by the stork...... ummmm... I mean the postman...... and Lola took me straight over to the mall for my first shopping trip!  She wanted me to look like my mom, ha ha.  So she got me some awesome black-rimmed eyeglasses and a neat red convertible just like Mom has!  And the lady at the checkout found out about my special job and gave me some blue and green ear ribbons just because!  How nice was that??

It was raining, so we had to hurry for the picture!
I look just like her, huh?  :)  Yay!

Mom was totally excited when Lola gave me to her -- she loved me right from the start!  I'm a really special bear with a really special mom!  

Come back to read about my adventures (I've had one already, and it was fun!), and if you buy one of my brothers or sisters you can share their adventures at TheIHopeFoundation@gmail.com -- I would love to know what everyone's up to!   And maybe your story will end up in my adventure blog!

Just a heads up:  on Monica's website we're all called Kathi Bear to make it easier for ordering.  But you can change the name when yours is born if you want.  And you can get clothes for us at Build-a-Bear (we have one in our mall, maybe you do, too!) so you can make yours a boy or a girl because the ribbon scarf comes off if you don't want your bear to wear it.  Monica says two of my Kathi Bear siblings have already been sent to their forever homes!  It's great to know I have family out there in the big, wide world!  Maybe I'll get to meet them one day!

Well, I have to go now.  Thanks for stopping by!  Hope you come back soon!

Love,
Kathi Bear

No comments:

Post a Comment